09 April 2016

Open talk. Salvador Dali. Part 1.


I was thinking to put something new and interesting  in my blog, something that would become into series and maybe episodes. So the name of this part series is called "Open talk" and here I would discuss one painting from difference artists, and it would be my full opinion guesswork of it. Hope you like such idea art readers, write to me in the comments or answer my question in the left. 



  The first painting I would like to show you is something very familiar to me and well knows is Salvador's Dali's work "      Anthropomorphic chest of drawers" 1936. A very weird and basic name for such painting as if Dali doesn't have any intention of opening up the hidden meaning. A weak arm holding up means the woman is rejecting the reality,  that is shown as the light and streets in the corner of the painting. The old woman's head is looking down into the chests that represent her anxiety. Drawers pull out darkness within themselves which  represent inner fear. 

   There is also a feeling that someone has opened the her drawers representing that she is holding and defending her inner world (that is represented as the white cloth).In this sense the anthropomorphic drawer becomes a symbol of psychoanalysis.

  


Such thing is very common in Dali's works but the true meaning no one can know, only Dali himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment